This site is dedicated to the notion that the time has arrived to enjoy life. All the planning for the future has paid off. The future is here.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Saw

Do you remember me talking about my freezer going bad? Well, I have a new one now and it is working just fine. So, all the stuff that Jim and Shirley stored for me until my freezer situation was resolved, needed to come back home. I took my ice chest over after lunch today. We got to talking about lots of fun stuff. I bet some of you reading this blog were talked about.
After a while, Jim suggests I look at his new Craftsman table saw. I am a sucker for new tools. I said "let's take a look". What a nice saw. It folds up into a compact package with wheels and handles like a wheelbarrow. You can wheel it wherever you want to go to use it. When you are done, you can wheel it back and lean it up against a wall. When leaned up like this, it takes up very little floor space.
You have to assemble some of the stuff when you take it out of the box. We found a nice shady spot, set up some chairs and a table, and went to making the saw ready to use. Shirley kept laughing at us men trying the hard way to assemble stuff when we could easily read the instructions. But, NO, we had to try without instructions a few times before we did it the easy way. We got it all assembled and adjusted.
Jim wheeled it back to the garage. We moved some other stuff around to make room for this saw. Only after we were all done parking the saw, did it dawn on us that we did not try it out. What were we thinking. I guess we were not thinking.
Shirley offered dinner. That sounded much better than fussing with a saw. We ate a nice meal of barbecued burgers and watermelon. Yum.
I hope you had as nice a day as I did.
Kayak Bandit

No comments: