This site is dedicated to the notion that the time has arrived to enjoy life. All the planning for the future has paid off. The future is here.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Spoiled - - Not Yet

So, I came home from work Friday evening. It has been five grueling days. I deserved a good meat and potato meal. I set my stuff down on the counter and go straight to the freezer in the basement. As I open the freezer door, I notice the puddle of water in the very bottom compartment.
That is not good. So, I check the cord. It is plugged in just fine. What about the thermostat? Yep, it is set at number seven where it is supposed to be set. Hmm. Next I switch on the washing machine to see if it works. Yep, works fine. So I plug the freezer where the washer had been. Nothing.
Okay, so now I have a whole freezer full of stuff to deal with. I took everything from the top shelf of the freezer to the bar-b-que. I fired the old girl up and stuck three beef chuck roast on the one end and on the other end, the eight pork cutlets. That filled the grill.
So I go back down stairs and realize I cannot cook up all the rest that is in the freezer. The lower shelves of the freezer are still mostly frozen. I call my friend Jim. He agrees to come over with a cooler and haul the frozen foods back to their home. Shirley is going to cook up this giant bottom round. I originally bought it to make into beef jerky. Someone stole the doors from my smoker, so I have to retool before smoking any more meet. I think they stole the doors for the value of the aluminum. I would gladly give the crook what he got for them, if only to have them back.
Tomorrow, I need to clean the vegetables from the mess. I plan to put them onto my compost pile. This is a sad way to be forced to thaw my freezer. I think I have had this freezer for about nineteen years. It has worked flawlessly the whole time. I hope there is some simple fix. Maybe, a reset button or something.
Wish me luck,
Kayak Bandit

No comments: