This site is dedicated to the notion that the time has arrived to enjoy life. All the planning for the future has paid off. The future is here.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Bare Walls

It is still the 4th of July, 2008, as I sit here to write this blog. It will post in the morning.
I began my holiday by doing my yard work. I edged the lawn before mowing. Bandit gets so excited as I get the lawn tools out. He knows that I will throw the ball for him while I work. Today was no exception. I threw it to the worst spots I could imagine. He could always find the ball though. I did wear him out. As I came into the back yard, he was laying next to his water dish panting. His ball was floating in the water. He was tuckered out.
Once the lawn work was done, I attacked the kitchen. I had gone as far as I could with the kitchen sink still in place, so today I tore that out too. Boy, was it a lot of work. When they built stuff back in 1952, they wanted it to last forever. Everything was nailed with big nails and the metal parts were all rusted. I now have it all stripped to the bare walls. So the next step is to reroute some wires and replace the galvanized pipes with copper.
I was going to buy a new sink, but looking the old one over, convinced me to reuse it. I am going to get a new disposer. I have most of the other materials I need to continue.
With no kitchen, I plan to eat on paper plates and cook most of my food on the bar-b-que. Tonight I had a nice steak and corn-on-the-cob. Yum yum!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Kayak Bandit

No comments: