This site is dedicated to the notion that the time has arrived to enjoy life. All the planning for the future has paid off. The future is here.

Friday, October 24, 2008

How to draw a boy

Okay, all of you artists out there, this is a series of lessons on how to draw the face of a boy. My granddaughter, Sophia, and I were discussing her art class. Sophia loves to draw cats and frogs. She has tried to draw horses and dogs, but admittedly they could have been better. When I asked her if she can draw a boy from the word boy, she said I had never shown her before. So, I said I would post it on this site.
So, today, class, start with a clean sheet of paper and write the word "boy". Be sure to use a small letter "b". Now draw a small letter "o" without crowding the o next to the b. Now, again without crowding, draw a "y". But, I want you to draw the y by starting out with a curved bottom u. Yes, begin with a u and add the downward stem to make it a y.
Well, gather all your stuff together so when I write the next installment of the series you can keep up. You are going to love the picture you create.
Kayak Bandit

No comments: