This site is dedicated to the notion that the time has arrived to enjoy life. All the planning for the future has paid off. The future is here.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Jammin'

I had a friend, Bob, that would bring a sandwich to work every day. Bob did not talk a lot. He ate his sandwiches with gusto. It was the first thing he would take from his old tin lunch bucket. Usually it would take only a half dozen bites and it was gone.
One day we were talking about the lunch that each of us had. I had chicken salad and others said what they had for lunch. Bob said he had a jam sandwich. I was almost certain that it had looked like a slice of bologna. (Why do we say "bow low knee" when it is spelled "bow log nah"?) I didn't think much of it until a few days later we were talking about favorite food. You see, I had noticed what Bob spilled down his front. Sure as the world, it was tuna. When his turn came, he said he had jam sandwich. Since I knew better, I said "I am sure you had tunafish in that sandwich". Bob replied "when you jam tunafish between two slices of bread, doesn't that make it a jam sandwich?
Who can argue with that logic?
Kayak Bandit '(*!*)'

No comments: