This site is dedicated to the notion that the time has arrived to enjoy life. All the planning for the future has paid off. The future is here.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Quiet Morning

As I look out the window, I see a frosted wonderland. Last night the moon looked full, even though I hear it will not be full for a couple days. This is a magical time of year. Many of us "kids" are watching the weather forecast hoping that Christmas will be white. Others are dreading a white world of bad roads and tough times getting their groceries home without slipping on some disguised black ice. Well, I am clearly in favor of the former. I like snow at this time of year. In anticipation of snow I bought a new 24" two stage snow blower. I already had a four wheeler atv with a wimpy snow plow so I made the wimpy into an awesome snowplow. As if these two are not enough, I also have a beautiful Allis Chalmers tractor with a big loader bucket. I think I am ready for the winter wonderland. Oh, yeah, I grew up in Minnesota atop an Allis Chalmers. So, I do know how to operate this magnificent machine. .
That handsome dog on the seat of "Allis" is Bandit. Of course, you agree with me that he is handsome.
Since last winter, I did some welding on the big bucked to make it better at scooping the hard packed snow up. Last year it would slide over the icy portions of the road. I am anxious for a chance to prove the worth of the modifications.
I say this morning is a quiet morning. I made one of my favorite breakfasts. You start with mashed potatoes from a previous meal. Melt a little butter in a hot skillet. Flatten out the mashed potatoes in the hot butter and cook that side until golden brown. Now flip them over and repeat on the other side. Add a couple eggs over easy and you have a wonderful breakfast for your quiet morning.
Later this morning I am going to see a demonstration for the Shopsmith Mark 7 at Lowes. A couple months ago I bought a spin off of the Shopsmith, a Woodcraft Multitool. It went out of business because of copyright infringement issues, but the accessories from Shopsmith are compatible with my Woodcraft. My Woodcraft works quite well for what it is. I have the saw, bandsaw, drill, scrollsaw, jointer, and sander. I am thinking of getting the lathe attachment as well. I have been watching on Craigslist for one, but have not found one yet.
Well, I am signing off for now. Have a nice quiet morning.
Kayak Bandit

No comments: