This site is dedicated to the notion that the time has arrived to enjoy life. All the planning for the future has paid off. The future is here.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Apple Tree

Tomorrow morning a bunch of us wanna be farmers meet for breakfast. We meet at a little diner that sets up several tables in a row. As we arrive we sit next to whoever just got there. Last week I sat next to a very soft spoken man that was real interesting to talk to. We talked about many things and with each subject I was impressed with his knowledge and the ability to articulate. When we were ready to leave he offered his calling card to me. I noted that I know some other folks with the same last name. I rattled off the folks I was thinking of and it turns out he is their dad. It was fun to tell him that I have much respect for the great kids that he raised. It proves the point to me that apples don't fall far from the tree!

No comments: