This site is dedicated to the notion that the time has arrived to enjoy life. All the planning for the future has paid off. The future is here.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

German

Well, when I last talked to you, I planned to go to the Greek Festival. I did not make it.
I had a crazy day trying to get some things for my kitchen. I spent a couple hours at Home Depot waiting for someone to help me with an exchange of my instahot. I never did exchange it because the difference between the in stock one that I bought and the special order one I want is double the price.
I did buy all my knobs, hinges and drawer pulls for the kitchen. I chose a stainless steel frame with a white porcelain inlay. Not exactly cheap. I also ordered a storm door for my back entry. I know I lost a bunch of heat out that door over the years. I cannot put off fixing that before this winter. I expect heating will cost double what it cost last year.
Home Depot is right next door to Costco. I went in and stocked up on all sorts of stuff. One thing that I bought that sounds good is the salmon patties. I will give them a try real soon. After I found every thing I needed, and more, I stopped at the deli for a German sausage. I do not think an entire Greek meal could have been as good as that German doggie. I ended up with the perfect blend of condiments on my meal in a bun. Yummie. As I drove past the Greek church on the way home, I somehow felt sorry for everyone that was spending more than the dollar sixty seven that I spent. And the soda is included!
Kayak Bandit

No comments: