This site is dedicated to the notion that the time has arrived to enjoy life. All the planning for the future has paid off. The future is here.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

I have to say, that Halloween and Trick or Treat is getting better. Some will say that it is dieing out. Well, last night, I completely forgot about Halloween until my neighbor came over. Barb, you know this neighbor. He is the one that has epilepsy, caused by a high fever when he was a child. He is now about twenty-six.
Yep, Dave rung my doorbell even though the porch light was not on. Dave got into his sasquatch costume specifically to come to my house and show me. Dave does not have many friends because of his learning disability. But we are friends because of his learning ability. You see, Dave and I became friends when I had a rather new Dodge Truck that impressed him. Dave and I would wave to each other as he passed by, with Dave always pulling a wagon. If I were out near the sidewalk, Dave would ask how many miles on my Dodge. I would go and read the odometer and he would almost instantly say how many exact miles I had driven since the last time he had asked.
One day, Dave pointed out that I had allowed my licence plate to expire on my fifth wheel. Sure enough, it was expired. Since then, Dave lets me know well in advance when one of my vehicles is about to expire. Last night, he reminded me that my Jeep is due in two months.
By the way, Dave says hi to you Barb. He is certain that you want to know that he is okay. I told him you were headed to Branson today.
Well, back to Halloween. After Dave reminded me of Halloween, I turned on my light. Right away the grandkids of my neighbors, Joe and Terry, came over. I like how the parents come up within view of the house to keep their younsters safe. This year, every trickster that came to my home was a small tike and their parent was with them. Most even had both parents.
Happy Halloween
Kayak Bandit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi to Dave. Has he aquired any new wagons?
Barb